søndag 18. oktober 2009

Case 03

We are now moving on to program our game using ActionScript. I've never used the program before, as a matter of fact I've never even programmed before. As always, our groups showed what they had done and we talked about this case.

What we were supposed to do was program our character to move around the screen while it never came out of the screen, or a barrier if you'd like to call it that. I was ill on the day they showed us how to write the code, so I got behind the rest of the class. All I could do was read the book and look at the example put out on Fronter.

At first it was pretty hard to understand what was going on and what the lines of code meant. I pretty much had the exact same lines of code as the example, but I wrote it all myself so I would learn better. After some trial and error I finally had a working code and my character moved from side to side, never leaving the screen.


No real problems with this case, though. All I had a little hard time on was having my .fla-file and my .as-file and all the classes etc to work together. I would never have figured this case out if it weren't for the example. But I understood what it all meant and I found the programming to be very fun. The feeling of accomplishment when I was done with the case was great.


In the next case we'll take programming to another level, where we will have our character be able to move using the arrow-keys.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar